Re: [debian-knoppix] re: Modem problem

If you are connecting to dial-up in Linux, but there is no actual internet connection, then you may have to manually set the gateway in your dialer settings. Dial up in Windows and run "ipconfig" or "winipcfg". Write down the gateway that is shown. That's the best way to get a legitimate gateway for your service.

By the way, what service do you use? I had the problem you are describing with MSN, but I was able to get it to work using the method above.

Shawn

Stephen Liu wrote:

Hi all,

I have been encountered Internet connection problem for some times.  The
PC used for testing knoppix CD is running both ADSL and winmodem
seamlessly.  I succeeded config network and modem of CD, connection
showed with counter running but I could not browse Internet nor
mailing.  I tried a whole week without a solution.  Now I am waiting for
next version of knoppix CD

B.R.
Stephen Liu