Re: [debian-knoppix] Documentation?

Hallo Shawn,

> I'd like to make my own version of Knoppix.  Not to make another
> distro -- just for myself.  Mainly, I want to cut out a bunch of the
> packages that I never use, and make the .iso smaller.

I have been fiddling around with this for some time and it is easier to
take a small distro and expand it. I had been using knoppix-lite
personally. If you know how to install debian packages (man apt-get),
you can install new software and make your own KNOPPIX. The smallest is
DSL (damn small linux, 50 MB compressed). An interesting project is
MORPHIX, which might have fullfilled my needs if it had exist at that time.

Here is the URL to look for the distros:

http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomizations

I once made a shell script to unpack and repack a distro. Look on my
page at:  http://www.ing-buero-unger.de/prj/knx/index.html

Other projects for remastering knoppix:
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/ls_juenger/people/lange/software/mkmyknoppix
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/py430/knoppix/index.html