Re: devfs, was Re: [debian-knoppix] bootsplash

Moin Christian!
Christian Perle schrieb am Tuesday, den 08. April 2003:

> > > Please, NO devfs. It simply sucks, causes all kinds of problems.
> >
> > Why? You can add devfsd which will create some compatibility trough
> > symlinks. Of course, it won't help if you do some magic with
>
> Even when using devfsd, strange things happened, like disappearing
> symlinks on CD media, floppy drive not accessible with mtools, confused
> automounter...

Dunno what you mean. I cannot talk for Debian-Stable (since it becames
obsolete crap faster and faster), but I am using devfs with devfsd for
almost one year and everything works fine except of that grub-install
wizard script.

> > entries from /proc/partions and /dev/mdstat (what can happen in the
> > installation progams), but it can be fixed.
>
> How?

By adapting them?

MfG,
Eduard.