Re: devfs, was Re: [debian-knoppix] bootsplash

Christian Perle wrote:

Please, NO devfs. It simply sucks, causes all kinds of problems.

One again: I don't want devfs to be mounted for the main Knoppix system, I just want it compiled into the kernel so it can be mounted if needed/wanted. However, it will simplify the CD ROM detection in boot.img (like in debian-installer).

Which problems are you refering to? I've been using it on several servers (i386 and s390), desktop systems and laptops without any problems at all for over 18 months.

Regards,
Stefan Gybas