Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem: Dual booting from HD without using floppy/cdrom drive.

Thank you Oliver,

>running lilo in a changerooted environment isn't easy. It seems that
>lilo is having trouble running in a read-only environment. I found a
>solution by copying some lilo-files to /tmp, but this error is still
>present in KNOPPIX.

I could always re-install lilo on an other partion.
However, a solution easy to duplicate is better (for other to benefit from
it).

>What about grub? Have you tried to boot with grub?
I'll queue that in my list of attempt.

Currently I try to convice Win2k to boot Knoppix from HD.
Mainly because I want to keep Win2k on the MBR.
If I don't find a way to do it, they I might try the other way arround.

I guess I need a bootloader that understand initrd stuff.

David GLAUDE