[debian-knoppix] Problem: Dual booting from HD without using floppy/cdrom drive.

Hello,

> I am still searching a way to "dual boot" between Win2k and knoppix.
> I would like to teach W2K how to boot knoppix.
> This might invove putting the floppy on a HD partition,
> but I have never attempted that before.
> Any advice is welcome.

I am still searching a way to dualboot Knoppix and Win2k.
I did a dangerous attempt with no success.
I had one small primary partition without data on it, so I did the
following.
Change the partition type to FAT 12(?or 16) bit (like a floppy).
Copy the floppy image in the partition (dd if=/cdrom/knoppix/boot.img
of=/dev/hda#).
[This make a very small HD partion that look like a floppy.]
[dd is very dangerous so be carefull]
Changing the C:\boot.ini to tell it to boot Linux from partition #.

However this was a total failure. ;-)
I have just learned that loadlin can only boot from DOS (not NT/2K/XP).

Currently I am searching in Dual boot howto.
My best chances seems to be:
 * Use lilo on a primary partition (not the MBR).
 * Copy the boot sector on a file.
 * Teach W2K (boot.ini) how to boot from that boot sector.

There might be other path to a solution, I am ready to take advice.
But my current problem is that Knoppix does not boot from lilo on a floppy
[I believe it use to work like that.]
but it boot from loadlin on a floppy (it is of course easyer to change the
boot param there).

Could someone help me (explain to me) how to rebuild a lilo booting floppy?
Or how to run lilo from knoppix (maybe in a changerooted env)?

David GLAUDE

PS: If you know that what I want do is not possible, please stop me.