Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem: Dual booting from HD without using floppy/cdrom drive.

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:05:45PM +0200, David GLAUDE Mailing wrote:
> There might be other path to a solution, I am ready to take advice.
> But my current problem is that Knoppix does not boot from lilo on a floppy
> [I believe it use to work like that.]
> but it boot from loadlin on a floppy (it is of course easyer to change the
> boot param there).
>
> Could someone help me (explain to me) how to rebuild a lilo booting floppy?
> Or how to run lilo from knoppix (maybe in a changerooted env)?

running lilo in a changerooted environment isn't easy. It seems that
lilo is having trouble running in a read-only environment. I found a
solution by copying some lilo-files to /tmp, but this error is still
present in KNOPPIX.

What about grub? Have you tried to boot with grub?

Regards
Oliver

--
 Oliver Zendel                                           LinuxTag-Team
 email: zendel@linuxtag.de                      phone: +49-631-3109371