[debian-knoppix] Modifying packages on Knoppix CD

I have been evaluating several linux distrobutions that boot from CD and run from CD and RAM without altering the hard drive. My primary use will be for security forensics and analysis.

So far, Knoppix has been my favourite CD as this includes KDE as an x-windows managaer.

How can I add, remove or modify programs on the Knoppix CD? I would like to do the following: -Remove many of the games, multimedia applications, and non-security related tools -Add new programs and update existing programs (such as nessus and nessus plugins)
-Reorganize and structure the menu icons and groups
-Add technical reference documents in HTML, TXT, MS Word, and PDF format

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Regards,
Brian

I also have some suggestions for Knoppix. I primarily use the Knoppix CD from my notebook to perform various forms of security scanning and testing. Newer notebooks do not ship with a floppy drive, and when they do have this option it's expected to swap