Re: unstable: apt-get install cupsys

<ralph@debianbase.de>:
> > No problem, everybody learns every day... I hope I could help you
> > understanding this a bit better .)
>
> Yes, a lot! Thanks. I will try it out as soon as I can. I already have the
> .deb - files, but didn't try --force-all. (I was scared)

hmmm... "--force-depens" should be enough for this. But I never tried it :)

But you should know that when cups is installed this way at the next time you
run: "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" apt-get wants to remove cups again
(or maybe even kde instead of cups), because the actual conflict still exists
and apt-get always tries to fix such conflicts.

So if you really want to upgrade (as long as this happens) you should remove
cups again first, then upgrade and then reinstall cups again (via the dpkg
--froce-... thing).

Hmmm, something comes in my mind: You can also download an older (the last
version before the critical one) cups version from a ftp mirror and install
this. This should be installable withouth any --force and running 100% clean.
This older version should be compiled against libgnutls7 (like kde) and so
there should no conflict.

If you try to "apt-get upgrade" then apt-get will not touch the running cups
as long as only the "broken" one is available. apt-get sets it internal as
"on hold".

--Ralph