Re: unstable: apt-get install cupsys

El Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:31:02PM +0200, Ralph Paßgang escribio:

> > Yes, a lot! Thanks. I will try it out as soon as I can. I already have the
> > .deb - files, but didn't try --force-all. (I was scared)
>
> hmmm... "--force-depens" should be enough for this. But I never tried it :)
>
> But you should know that when cups is installed this way at the next time you
> run: "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" apt-get wants to remove cups again
> (or maybe even kde instead of cups), because the actual conflict still exists
> and apt-get always tries to fix such conflicts.

I solved the dependencies manually editing /var/lib/dpkg/status file,
changing the dependencies of kdelibs4 and kdelibs-bin,
 from
    "libcupsys2 (>= 1.1.19final-1)"
    "libcupsys2 (>= 1.1.19final-1) | libcupsys2-gnutls10"

Then, you can install current cups and all other depending packages
(such as samba and gnome). And KDE works Ok.

    Daniel.