new eclipse builds (was: failed building eclipse on powerpc)

* Jan Schulz <muelleimer@usenet.katzien.de> wrote:
> At least the next build will e a real improvment :) There will be
> some other major chnages, as lintian wants me to change the eclipse
> dir to /usr/share/eclipse... Expect testing packages at the
> beginning of next week... I hope your still willing to help out then

Ok, after finally sorting out, why I couldn't get the precompiled
versions replaced with the build ones (simple matter of
pluginstaller overwriting the newly compiled ones in the end...),
here is a new version to test. From debian/changelog:

* Changed /usr/local included site from /usr/local/lib/eclipse to
  /usr/local/share/eclipse. You need to copy your
  plugins/features to make them work again!
* Changed eclipse home from /usr/lib/eclipse to
  /usr/share/eclipse Only *.so files in /usr/lib/eclipse.
* Using gtk launcher instead of motif one (Closes:#191873)
* Additonal sites (places to install plugins) can be specified via
  -addsite commandline parameter. See
  /usr/share/doc/eclipse-platform/README.Debian for more info.
* Using internal precompiled xerces for now until XML4J is packaged
* Cleanup debian/* files and build-*.sh. Also included is a new
  makefile for swt. Hopefully it will build on PPC now...
* Fixed first batch of lintian and linda warnings. Not yet
  ready *sight*
* Adding README.Debian to libswt-java
* Included upstream changelogs and a pointer to eclipse.org build
  notes.
* New maintainer

This is the first version after the /usr/lib -> /usr/share
trasition. It works here, but expect something not to work...

Also, if you have any additionally plugins in /usr/local/lib/eclipse,
you need to copy them to /usr/local/share/eclipse. Read
/usr/share/doc/eclipse-platform/README.Debian for information, how
to use the new -addsite option.

The version of this packages is "-4.1"... I have still some polishing
on my todo List and I will have a closer look at the updatemanager
problem (updatemanger should not be possible for /usr/share/eclipse
and /usr/local/share/eclipse, as this dirs are not owned by the
user). The -addsite patch already contains a patch for this as well,
but I haven't tested that part properly.

deb-src http://www.katzien.de/debian/eclipse ./

Enjoy :)

Jan