Re: failed building eclipse on powerpc

Jan Schulz wrote:
* Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:

# fakeroot debian/rules build-java-stamp -> eclipse and icon.xpm should be in there.

OK, everything is OK

So no additional copying?

Yes it is! I've got the additional icon.xpm in source-tree

Ok, java is already compiled...

It seems ;-)

bash debian/build-native.sh
Converting files from DOS to UNIX format:
    callback.c
    callback.h
    gnome.c
    structs.c
    structs.h
    swt.c
    swt.h
make[1]: Entering directory `/archives/debian/other/eclipse-2.1/tmp'
gcc -c -O -s -DSWT_VERSION=2133 -DLINUX -DGTK `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --cflags pango` -I/bluebird/teamswt/swt-builddir/ive/bin/include -I/bluebird/teamswt/swt-builddir/ive/bin/include/linux callback.c
In file included from swt.h:23,
                 from callback.c:15:
/usr/include/jni.h:17:31: gcj/libgcj-config.h: No such file or directory

                            ^^^
What java do you have installed? only gcj?

No! j2sdk from blackdown (1.3)... I'm reinstalling the blackdown package. If the jni.h does not change, I'll look for one in the j2se directory.

Note: I have the same file on my x86 box @work with j2sdk 1.4 (blackdown) installed (and gcj)...

So I did symlinks the *.h and linux/*.h files from /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/include/... I'll recompile the whole package one more :-p

n the moment, the motif laucher is used. This is alread fixed in my
next build (-5). If you want to try, you can get the new diff.gz on www.katzien.de/debian/eclipse. Don't use it as apt source, as
I have uploaded the wrong orig.tar.gz so, that will not work. I will
upload the right ones on next sunday (40Mb over isdn takes about 1
and a half hour...)

;-) I'll be waiting! First, I'm trying to rebuild the package with the right .h files in /usr/include

2) Is it possible to pass a different architecture to 'cc' or is it not relevant? Why -DDEFAULT_OS_ARCH="\"x86\"" on my ppc? :-)

I'm not really sure about this stuff... Upstram doesn't include
linux/ppc in there platform list, so basicly, you are the first to
test it...

I'm not sure :-p, there is a bug fill by another ppc user :-D

I will have to read up on the gcc doku to get some ideas, what's
going on here. That's actually the places, where I haven't had some
looks...

Thank you for your time.

I thought the source maintainer of Eclipse was Takashi Okamoto <tora@debian.org>?

-- Arnaud Vandyck @ ste-fi, ULg