Re: failed building eclipse on powerpc

* Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> dh_strip -a
> strip: Warning: Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN!
[...]

No idea about this... Have to google a bit more... Hm...
could you do a
strip -s -v source-tree/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk/os/linux/x86/*so
and include this line in build-native.sh after each build (before
copying and removing...)
strip -s -v tmp/*so

> dh_shlibdeps -a
> dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: ldd on
> `debian/libswt-java/usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux/x86/libswt-gnome-gtk-2133.so'
> gave error exit status 1

Hm, can you do a ldd
debian/libswt-java/usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux/x86/libswt-*

by hand? I'm interested in the output...

Another thing would be to insert a
rm tmp/libswt-gnome-gtk-2133.so before cp'ing the *so into the
eclipse dirs. This lib isn't essential, so deleting it should be ok
(it's for gnome integration, whatever that means...)

> I read your explanations and I agree with you: ask the swt ML to have a
> more generic makefile! :-p

The only answer I got so far is that there is a updated makefile. I
will go on asking :)

> I think the library is important to link the java part (swt) and the
> native part (gtk, motif).

Ok, I got an answer for that and this lib isn't essential, but just
for better integration in gnome. As I'm not using gnome, I never
noticed...

> Congratulations for applying as NM, so am I ;-)

Thansk and the same to you! But I'm still at the beginning, not even
got my key signed...

I'm relly sorry, that you have to bear with this, but c hacking is
new to me and I still have a lot to learn...

At least the next build will e a real improvment :) There will be
some other major chnages, as lintian wants me to change the eclipse
dir to /usr/share/eclipse... Expect testing packages at the
beginning of next week... I hope your still willing to help out then
:)

Jan