Re: failed building eclipse on powerpc

* Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>> # fakeroot debian/rules build-java-stamp
>> -> eclipse and icon.xpm should be in there.
> OK, everything is OK

So no additional copying?

>> If the icon.xpm is not copied, I will change the way copying is
>> done. Should anyway happen, as the precompiled laucher is not used
>> but overwritten by a newly compiled one.

Thiis now done...

[...]

Ok, java is already compiled...

> bash debian/build-native.sh
> Converting files from DOS to UNIX format:
>      callback.c
>      callback.h
>      gnome.c
>      structs.c
>      structs.h
>      swt.c
>      swt.h
> make[1]: Entering directory `/archives/debian/other/eclipse-2.1/tmp'
> gcc -c -O -s -DSWT_VERSION=2133 -DLINUX -DGTK  `pkg-config --cflags
> gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --cflags pango`
> -I/bluebird/teamswt/swt-builddir/ive/bin/include
> -I/bluebird/teamswt/swt-builddir/ive/bin/include/linux callback.c
> In file included from swt.h:23,
>                   from callback.c:15:
> /usr/include/jni.h:17:31: gcj/libgcj-config.h: No such file or directory
                            ^^^
What java do you have installed? only gcj?

> make[1]: *** [callback.o] Error 1
> /usr/include/jni.h:17:31: gcj/libgcj-config.h: No such file or directory
> And how can I go throw? Install another package?

I have no idea currently. Unfortunatelly I have not really an idea
about c and makefiles, so I will ask some questions in the swt
newsgroup.

> 1) I thought the Eclipse package was build with gtk, not motif (see above);

n the moment, the motif laucher is used. This is alread fixed in my
next build (-5). If you want to try, you can get the new diff.gz
on www.katzien.de/debian/eclipse. Don't use it as apt source, as
I have uploaded the wrong orig.tar.gz so, that will not work. I will
upload the right ones on next sunday (40Mb over isdn takes about 1
and a half hour...)

> 2) Is it possible to pass a different architecture to 'cc' or is it not
> relevant? Why -DDEFAULT_OS_ARCH="\"x86\"" on my ppc? :-)

I'm not really sure about this stuff... Upstram doesn't include
linux/ppc in there platform list, so basicly, you are the first to
test it...

I will have to read up on the gcc doku to get some ideas, what's
going on here. That's actually the places, where I haven't had some
looks...

Jan