Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 20:52, Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> Thanks for the response. Let me just clarify. If I have two boxes, I can
> configure both of them to be webservers and one of them to be the lvs
> node. I dont need a third machine to be a dedicated node. Is this
> correct ?

No, I don't think this would work. You'll need a third box which will do
the balancing (well, maybe you could get it to work but it's not
intended this way).

As I said before, the balancer doesn't have to be a fast machine -
almost anything you can find will be sufficient.

best regards,
  Markus
--
Markus Oswald <moswald@iirc.at>  \ Unix and Network Administration
Graz, AUSTRIA                     \ High Availability / Cluster