Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 08:50, Markus Oswald wrote:
> Personally I would suggest LVS / keepalived - IMHO it's the most robust
> and powerful solution you can currently get. Definitely worth a look...
>
> It's not as hard to setup as you think - you need a little bit of
> experience for planing your cluster setup, but the software installation
> and configuration is probably the easier part.
>
> I installed/run multiple clusters, some with quite a lot of traffic
> (well, that's what load-balancing is good for) some just needed the HA
> features. No serious problems with keepalived and no problems at all
> with LVS.

Looking at the documentation for LVS, it mentions that it needs two
nodes, a primary node and a backup node which then feeds into n real
servers.

Does this mean that I will need two additional machines to be able to do
LVS or would I be able to double up a couple of the webservers as the
nodes ?

Thanks for the feedback,

Best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com