Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 18:46, Markus Oswald wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 15:00, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
>
> > Looking at the documentation for LVS, it mentions that it needs two
> > nodes, a primary node and a backup node which then feeds into n real
> > servers.
>
> Actually I never saw this mentioned in the documentation - I haven't
> looked at it for quite some time now, tough.
>
> LVS definitely works with ONE machine which acts as the loadbalancer.
> You can use a second machine for failover if you need the redundancy,
> but as far as I know, LVS can't handle this by itself so you would have
> to use keepalived or heartbeat for that.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Let me just clarify. If I have two boxes, I can
configure both of them to be webservers and one of them to be the lvs
node. I dont need a third machine to be a dedicated node. Is this
correct ?

Thanks,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com