Re: Apache clustering w/ load balancing and failover

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 04:46:45PM +0200, Markus Oswald wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 20:52, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response. Let me just clarify. If I have two boxes, I can
> > configure both of them to be webservers and one of them to be the lvs
> > node. I dont need a third machine to be a dedicated node. Is this
> > correct ?
>
> No, I don't think this would work. You'll need a third box which will do
> the balancing (well, maybe you could get it to work but it's not
> intended this way).
>
> As I said before, the balancer doesn't have to be a fast machine -
> almost anything you can find will be sufficient.

Has anybody played with vrrpd for creating a failover pair?

I have a quite a low load, but would like to be able to handle a failure
cleanly, so a pair of machines would do fine.  The only other issue I have
is a lack of external IP space, can you get vrrpd to do it's keep alive
thing via a subinterface on a seperate ip range?

McC

-simonm (E: simon@asidua.com W: +44 28 9072 5060 M: +44 7710 836915)
One line sigs are cool. This isn't one of them.