Re: IPv6 packages

"Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT> writes:

> There is still no solid proof A6 records and ip6.arpa provide enough
> advantages over AAAA and ip6.int to justify a change.

Why did you add A6 into discussion about how to do *reverse*
resolution? E.g. RFC 3152 "Delegation of IP6.ARPA" just says that do
not use ip6.int., use ip6.arpa.  There is nothing in ip6.arpa. that
forces us to use DNAME instead of nibble format.

So in short I think this is what is tried now:

 o AAAA for forward lookups
 o nibble format under *ip6.arpa.* for reverse.

--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland