Re: IPv6 packages

YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ???? wrote:

In article <[🔎] 20020204003020.GA7744@wonderland.linux.it> (at Mon, 4 Feb 2002 01:30:20 +0100), "Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT> says:

On Feb 03, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:

>Should we support temporary ip6.int and ip6.arpa (that anyway is NOT working
>in the libc6 code) or should we just leave the code that comes from the >upstream (ip6.arpa)?????
If a choice has to be made, the I'd say we MUST choose ip6.int for woody.

query ip6.arpa, then ip6.int.; both using nibble format.
we may need "no-ip6-arpa" resolver option.

--yoshfuji

Actually in my patch if ip6.arpa fails the resolv tries again with ip6.int
but the code for ip6.arpa is the original one from the upstream.

Can you point me in a better direction???

Thanks
Fabio