Re: Use of Intel Fortran compiler on a Sid/IA64 box?

Previously Bdale Garbee wrote:
> The real solution is for dpkg to support installing packages from more than
> one Debian architecture on a single system, with suitable redirection of the
> root to /emul/ia32-linux in the case of an ia32 package being installed on
> an ia64 system.

I've said a couple of times already that I really don't want to have
that kind of magic redirection stuff in dpkg. Build the system properly
so anything (including a stock binary tarball) can be extract and work
instead of requiring weird redirection magic.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |