Re: Use of Intel Fortran compiler on a Sid/IA64 box?

I just spent some time today playing with this.  I succeeded, but in a
less than clean fashion.

In order to properly load IA32 versions of shared-libraries, I used a
statically-linked version of ld-linux.so.2.  The one in ia32-libs is
apparently unhappy with regards to this, so I took the loader from
Redhat 7.2's x86-compat RPM.  After adding the appropriate paths to
/etc/ld.so.conf (intel compiler's ia32/lib + x86-compat's pertinent
paths), I wrapped a shell script around 'ias' that would use the IA32
version of ld-linux.so.2 to execute the real ias.

Something like:

#!/bin/sh
/emul/x86-libs/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /opt/intel/compiler50/ia64/bin/ias.exec $*

It's kludgy in all respects, but it does work.

I hope this helps,

Kevin

-------