Re: Problems in accessing the subversion repository

Hello,
(I believe this belongs more to debian-l10n-german, oh well)
On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 07:33:37PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > My usual trick, in such case, is to use something like:
> >
> > "Programmschnittstelle (»ABI«)"
>
> That's correct, we use that too.
> But when you use both variants, there are still people saying
> "That's to long, it's bad for the flow of words while reading."
> As I said - it is always wrong :-)
>
> > though it seems, at least according to Wikipedia, that
> > Programmschnittstelle is more "API" than "ABI" which should be Binärschnittstelle
>
> Yes, I noticed this too.

It was (as you changed it) »Programmschnittstelle« not
»Programmierschnnittstelle«. Thus is was not wrong at all, however,
your new term is closer to the original.

Probably best to discuss this first before changing.

Greetings

         Helge