Re: Translations of FreeDict package descriptions

Hello Martijn,

Martijn van Oosterhout schrieb am 15.02.2014, 21:39 +0100:
>On 13 February 2014 20:28, Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de> wrote:
>> the package descriptions of all FreeDict dictionary databases (~80) are
>> auto-generated. Therefore I would like to implement the same for the
>> translations: we just need a template for the language and could fill in
>> our
>> data.
>>
>> On [1] however, I just saw the possibility to get n (random) package
>> descriptions via e-mail, but I want to select which packages I translate.
>> Can I somehow translate requested packages?
>>

>As pointed out by Beatrice, you can specify the packages you want. However,
>you don't actually need to download the descriptions first. If you send
>emails with the right format they will be accepted.
Good to know.

>Basically you send an email with the original package description and the
>translation. If you've fetched something via the email interface, that's
>the format you should use. Or use this as a template:
>
>http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=218830&getuntrans=de
>
>(If you do this, please use "Description-<lang>.UTF-8:" as a header to
>avoid encoding issues).
>
>In any case, if you find templates and use them to make a list of
>translations, there are tools to get them into the database directly. So
>focus on that part and post the result here for review. Once you get buy in
>we can get them into the database.
Of which tools are you speaking? I would with my current understanding prefer the
e-mail interface, since it is easy to program. But as Beatrice pointed out, that
wouldn't work for Italian and therefore we need a different solution.
No I hope that your mentioned tools will do the job :).

Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?de-0
Freies Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: http://www.crustulus.de/freedict.de.html