Re: Problems in accessing the subversion repository

Hi,

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Marc Haber (mh+debian-i18n@zugschlus.de):
> > >
> > > Yes. wiki.debian.org/Wortliste
> >
> > I am missing "Verklemmung" for "Deadlock", "Rollkugel-Zeigereinheit"
> > for "Mouse" and "Unterbrechungsanforderungssignalbestaetigungssignal"
> > for "Interrupt Acknowledge".
> >
> > This wordlist may be one of the reasons why Debian's German
> > translations are considered one of the worst translations in IT in
> > history.
>
> It is like 10 years that you're saying this, you know, Marc? ;-)

Depending on the base of knowledge the people have, which read the
translation, it goes either " What means Programmschnittstelle? ", when
you use »Programmschnittstelle«, or they say "What the h**l is ABI?
This is a german translation, why don't they use a german word for this?",
when you do not translate it and use »ABI«.

For many terms, there is no "perfect" translation existing.
There are always people, who criticize it, whatever you write, depending
on their environment.

So, it's as always:
What you do as a translator, it is always wrong.

From the POV of translation quality, more manpower on debian-l10n-german
is not a handicap ;-)

Happy translating

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.2.0 under the new
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   7 . 0   W H E E Z Y !