Re: [D-I] dpkg master branch for i18n switched to git

Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 02:32:21PM +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:

>>> I've only just got it working, once, Helge: I don't understand it
>>> well enough to add information to the wiki. But perhaps one of the
>>> people who offered me help could do that.
>>
>> I take the time to modify the git command on the wiki page. I cannot
>> understand the key problem reported by Helge.
>
> My "key" problem is that the wiki currently gives an incomplete and
> thus non-working command to retrieve the git tree for people intending
> to commit (i.e. with an account on alioth).
>
> But I see it has already been changed, so the issue is resolved.
>
> Finally it still would be nice if you could include the fingerprint
> for git.debian.org.

No, that is too risky since that page can be altered by someone who wants to do
a man-in-the-middle attack.

The best that can be done is to double check the git.d.o fingerprint with the
svn.d.o.

I have added instructions how to do that. (I am aware that someone might alter
the command I gave there, but the validity of the command can be checked with a
look in the ssh man page).

--
Regards,
EddyP