Re: [D-I] dpkg master branch for i18n switched to git

On 09/09/2007, at 7:28 PM, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

Hello,
On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:01:51AM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
On Sunday 02 September 2007 08:32, Clytie Siddall wrote:
Pearl:~/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Debian/DebianL5/dpkg clytie$ git-
clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/dpkg/dpkg
And then Stefano said:

Clytie,
	check your user. I'm quite sure Christian username on alioth/git/
svn is
bubulle and on his machine too, I'm sc-guest on alioth and sc on my
machine. ssh send my username to alioth and it's wrong. Try: git- clone
git+ssh://clytie-guest@git.debian.org/git/dpkg/dpkg dpkg

and he was spot on! I did need to specify a different username, which
didn't occur to me because I'm not used to git. I do it in SVN
checkouts, so it should have occurred to me.

Could you update http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/GitUsage
accordingly? It does not have the user part, it has a ".git" at the
and and ommits the final "dpkg".

Also it would be nice if you could specify the host key for
git.debian.org (i.e. alioth.debian.org) in the same wiki, took me some
hunting around to find it.

I've only just got it working, once, Helge: I don't understand it well enough to add information to the wiki. But perhaps one of the people who offered me help could do that.