Re: [D-I] dpkg master branch for i18n switched to git

Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote: [...]
> ssh: connect to host git.debian.org port 22: Operation timed out

Debug: what does "ssh -v git.debian.org" report for you?

> It used to be so simple: I have SVN embedded in my translation editor
> [2] AND my file manager [3]. Now I have to go back to email
> submissions for dpkg.

The SVN support for LocFactoryEditor seems to be a script.  It should
be easy to copy and write a script for git, once you have it working.

I don't understand PathFinder's support.  Linux users could even
mount gitfs: http://www.sfgoth.com/~mitch/linux/gitfs/

> Are other people successfully checking out (cloning) dpkg via SSH?

clone != checkout.  Clone is more like download, then checkout.  git
splits the downloading and the checking out.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.