Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On 8/10/06, Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:
1.) the ddtp server don't check the translator bevor accepting it
1.a) if I have add the review process in the ddtp server, it will
     check it in future

Really? I tried to send a translation for one of my own packages, and
got this result:

Description-nl: kalender programma dat evenementen bij kan houden
             transform from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8...
add the translation in the db
see http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=&language=nl
             transform from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8...

See how the desc_id is blank? It also didn't store it in the database.
I thought this was because of a check that this description hadn't
been given to me.

2.) If you like to get a package without a reserve, you can use the
    web interface on ddtp.debian.net

You mean by wgetting specific pages? Like this URL:

http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=10960&getuntrans=nl

The hard part is working out which package is which desc_id. However,
you could parse the output of:

http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?package=pal

to work that out. Thanks for the tip.
--