Re: translating debian menu items?

Linas Zvirblis wrote:

> It is really just a matter of "do we want it?" and "what exactly do we
> want?". For example, will GNOME/KDE guys be willing to drop current menu
> and comply with Policy?

And *this* will take time. No matter them being cooperative or not,
that's actually not the problem.

Anyway, as I'll certainly not be the one doing the work, I can only
bring an advice here and I just want to warn against too wide goals
which will make the change depend on so many different parts of Debian
that a single person will never succeed doing it and it will take more
than one release cycle to do it.

Even the menu l10n cannot certainly be a release goal for Etch. But
"we" (I'd better say "you", meaning Bill, you and other interested
parties) can at least prepare a reasonable release goal for etch+1
which would include *at the minimum* the l10n of Debian menu
entries...

PS: we should take care of keeping Bill involved in this discussion.