Re: bug-reporting for non-English users

Lior Kaplan a écrit :

As a personal view, people should know English, especially if they use
computers. I know that's not the reality for everyone.
Dear Lior, nothing against you personnaly, but I have to strongly disagree on this! Especially on your condition: "if they *use* computers".

You can not require people *using* computers to understand english, especially in developping countries where english is not often used or well known (or even known at all).

But, I fully agree that people *maintaining* computers, or working in the computer science domain, should know technical english at the minimum. And I agree on what you said next too (no foreign language to maintainers).

Then, users would have to contact technical people in case of problem and will not be able to manage it themself. It's not an uncommon situation, but it's not really the happiest way too... Especially when you know that "freedom" and "independance" are the main rules of Vietnam... ;-) This is why one non-english speaking user clearly need a supporting community in it's language to make the interface between them and the BTS.

--
Jean Christophe "プログフ" ANDRÉ — http://asie-pacifique.auf.org/
Responsable technique régional — Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)