Re: D-I progress

Clytie Siddall a écrit :

Hmm, that makes me feel I'm working at this from the wrong end, from the point of view of current Vietnamese users. If I were working on daily-use apps., they could use them right away, while my current effort on the installer is not available, and we don't know how long it will continue unavailable. It's rather discouraging. :(

For your information, I had been able to build a debian-installer ISO image including vietnamese. This was a few months ago, before the separation of the prospective languages. And I think one can still do it know, with some work for vietnamese inclusion (and may be some other language exclusion), off course.

BTW, this gives me an idea... Why not make a "prospective" version and include it in the debian-installer building process? I know this will slow down this building process, but we could do this at the end of the process, only for the ISO image and only for the i386 architecture... This would be essentially to see/check/show and encourage the prospective teams. It would be great, IMHO.

--
Jean Christophe "プログフ" ANDRÉ — http://asie-pacifique.auf.org/
Responsable technique régional — Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)