Re: D-I progress

> S'okay. Thankyou for explaining. I hope Vietnamese can be added to the
> active languages. Does this waiting period mean that our translations
> are not available to our user group yet?

They are not available in the installer.

This means that, until we activate Vietnamese (or Malagasy,
Macedonian, Hindi...), the installer will not allow to install in
Vietnamese and the final environment will not be localised for
Vietnamese out of the box.

However, the Vietnamese locale *is* available in Debian and all
existing Vietnamese translations for end user software are
available. So, the final installed system can be localised in
Vietnamese as long as the system administrator activates the
Vietnamese locale by using "dpkg-reconfigure locales".

Same for other languages, of course. The limit is, of course, the
level of translation for end user programs and environments (KDE,
Gnome, OpenOffice, Mozilla....) in these languages.