Re: D-I progress

On 29/04/2005, at 2:54 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

At this moment, this "gates opening" is planned for July 14th, during
Debconf.

We first need to evaluate the impact this will have on D-I images
sizes...which is quite a big work. I will soon test this by opening
the gates for one language, then recompile all packages which belong
to the "initrd" (initial ramdisk image) which is what we have the
biggest size constraints for.

A simple difference will then give me the impact of one new language
to this size and thus allow to calculate whether adding The 5-6
languages that are waiting would break everything or not.

So, be patient..:-)

Oh, we can be patient. It took us a thousand years to get rid of some unwanted visitors ... but we really were in a bad mood by the end of it. :D

S'okay. Thankyou for explaining. I hope Vietnamese can be added to the active languages. Does this waiting period mean that our translations are not available to our user group yet?

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc