Re: Installation of the Hurd

Hi Alfred and Marco,

thanks for your hints!

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 10:53, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    What else? ;) I hope the default sources lines are ok. Or should I
>    use different ones?
>
>    deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unreleased main
>    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
>
> Those are the ones to use (if they are default, then all is good).
>
>    > settrans -acp /servers/sockets/1 /hurd/pflocal
>
>    ... but I guess this should be done by crosshurd or the software
>    installed by crosshurd/native-install.
>
> It is done by native-install, so something must have gone wrong when
> you first ran it.  Could you explore what went wrong?

Yes, it's the already reported bug #222914, although the description of
the bug didn't directly connect it for me to my own problem.

Now I just have to fix #222914 and #217626 manually and ./native-install
runs as expected (I guess), with package install etc. :)

There's just my Ethernet adapter (BCM5700) left. What about the status
of L4? The manual says it's the "long-term goal". Maybe I should save
energy and use the time to port my Linux driver directly there (new
framework?).

BTW: How do ported Debian packages go to the hurd unstable archive? They
are not listed in the autobuilder list.

bye,
  Roland