Re: Installation of the Hurd

   There's just my Ethernet adapter (BCM5700) left. What about the
   status of L4? The manual says it's the "long-term goal". Maybe I
   should save energy and use the time to port my Linux driver
   directly there (new framework?).

Porting a driver to GNU Mach (1.3 atleast) depends mostly on when it
got introduced into Linux, so if your driver was introduced quite
early (Linux 2.0ish), then porting is usually a trivial task.  As for
porting it to Hurd/L4, that is currently impossible, since the driver
frame work doesn't have any code.  So you have nothing to work
against.  The whole Hurd/L4 effort is something in the line of >3
years into the future; it might be less, or more depending on how many
people actually help.

By the way, have you checked if OSKit supports your NIC? If it does,
then you could just use the GNU Mach from CVS.

Hope this helps, cheers.