Re: fdisk

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:09:05AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Do you know about nparted? perhaps we don't need a frontend for cfdisk too.

Nop, just installed it, quite similar.

> > I have finished the port, and will send it to the bts this night if
> > nobody objects.

> On the other hand, there are some utils that don't correspond to the
> GNU system. Note that util-linux is an essential package. mkswap creates
> linux swap signatures, fsck.minix is useless untill we have minix support
> and shouldn't be an essential component anyway.

The Hurd can use linux swap partitions, thus can be shared with linux,
so i think mkswap may be useful.
Yes the minix utils are useless now, i will rip 'em from the Hurd deb,
but not from the patch (hoping upstream accepts ;).

> In my opinion, we should put these utilities in more adequate packages
> so we can get rid of what we just don't need.

If someone wants to start splitting it right now and don't want me to
send the patch to the bts, speak.

> great work btw :)

thanks :>

regards,