Re: compiling random - was: ssh on hurd

> $ cd hurd
> $ tar xzvf <path to>/random.tar.gz
> $ mkdir ../hurd.obj ; cd hurd.obj   # Building in the source tree is
> untested. $ ../hurd/configure
> $ cd random
> $ make

I believe I haven't bin clear in my previous mail: I did all of the above
already and making random gave me the following error:
	make: *** No rule to make target `version.h', needed by `random.d'. Stop.

> And I really hope that you checked out an old copy of the CVS tree as
> the current one doesn't work at all right now.

I wasn't aware of this, how old should the snapshot be and is there a archive
of cvs-snapshots ? I know alpha.gnu.org is down but is there a mirror with
cvs-snapshots somewhere ?

fortune says:
"I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than
10 minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical support which isn't."
(By Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center)
msn:pardus_larus@hotmail.com icq:89468200