Re: Getting newest versions of packages

On 2015-01-09, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> looks like you are not using the git version of cabal-debian or are not
> using the "--official" flag...
>> Non-exhaustive list:
> that works.
> [...]

Sounds nice. But HEAD is one commit from 4.19. Maybe package it?  I
tried, and it depends on debian-3.85. I `cabal unpack debian` it, and
there is debian/ in it. What should I do with it?

But if cabal-debian-4.19 is really so nice, I would agree, that I was
wrong and my commit should be reverted. `darcs rollback`, right?

And I have another question.  Let's imagine following session:

pkg-haskell-checkout haskell-foo
cd haskell-foo-1.0
uscan --verbose
cd ..
tar xfv foo-2.0.tar.gz
mv foo-2.0 haskell-foo-2.0
cd haskell-foo-2.0
mv ../haskell-foo-1.0/debian .
debchange --newversion 2.0-1
debuild -us -uc

Question: Is it shorter way to follow upstream upgrade?

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.