Re: Getting newest versions of packages

Hi,

looks like you are not using the git version of cabal-debian or are not
using the "--official" flag...

Am Freitag, den 09.01.2015, 16:03 +0000 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> Non-exhaustive list:
>
> #. Generated debian/control should use X-description and blurbs

that works.

> #. Absent debian/source/format

that works

> #. debian/changelog mentions upstream maintainer, not me

that works party. With --official it mentions the DHG, but see
https://github.com/ddssff/cabal-debian/issues/14

> #. I would prefer section by default `unknown`

haskell is a good default, as it is correct in most cases.

> #. Compat is 9, but debhelper depends >= 7.0

good point. Can you file an issue?

> #. Priority is optional, extra is prefered.

that works.

So please build from David’s git repo; you’ll find that the tool is much
better!

> Well, this list may continue, if I notice something else repetive in
> my workflow, so, despite my belive, that this is nice list to fix,
> I would like to have ability fix it myself with library.

I still don’t see why the "cabal-debian" couldn’t just do the right
thing, and why it helps to build extra library packages and ship them to
all our archives.