Getting newest versions of packages

Hello!

I am confused about how should I setup my development environment to
develop haskell packages. I want to improve cabal-debian-4.17.4, since
it provides only binary, and I it to provide library as well, because
it is much more flexible. To build it, I need haskell-debian-3.83.3.1
from experimental, which conflicts with almost everything. If I
upgrade ghc to experimental, it is okay, but now I fail to install
libghc-bool-extras, which is my package and now in sid. I am okay on
tracking bleeding edge. Where can I read how all this works?

Also, I plan to package git-vogue binary, but it depends on base >=4.7
(ghc-7.8). What is its fate? Is it any way I can speed up moving of
ghc-7.8 into at least sid? 7.10 is coming, and we have only 7.8 even
in experimental.

Same question applies to, for hlint. In experimental it is outdated,
I am working on getting hlint-1.9.15(which depends `extra` library),
but how should I check, that this update will not break something?

Again, please point me to memo, how does this all works?

cabal-debian:
  Installed: 4.17.4-4
  Candidate: 4.17.4-4
  Version table:
 *** 4.17.4-4 0
        200 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ experimental/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     4.17.4-1 0
        400 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
        300 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
     1.25-1 0
        500 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

libghc-hlint-dev:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.8.61-1+b2
  Package pin: 1.8.61-1+b2
  Version table:
     1.8.61-2+b1 500
        200 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ experimental/main amd64 Packages
     1.8.61-1+b2 500
        400 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
        300 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
     1.8.28-1+b3 500
        500 http://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.