Re: Could you allow me to switch DMUA flag?

Dear Jonas,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
>> > Seems you forgot to push the tag created when you added the new
>> > upstream tarball.  Please do "git push --tags".
>>
>> Ah. I forgot it.
>> I pushed it.
>
> Yes, I got it now.  Thanks! :-)
>
> ...but then I notice that commits are missing from other branches.
>
> I suspect that you are only tracking the main "master" branch, probably
> because you did a simple "git clone ..." initially.
>
> First, please push your changes to "upstream" and "pristine-tar"
> branches.  There is two ways to do that:  a) if you are certain that you
> have not created any new custom branches locally, do "git push --all".
> Alternatively (assuming your remote is named "origin" as is the default)
> do "git push origin upstream; git push origin pristine-tar" to
> explicitly push only those branches.

Sorry, I pushed it.

$ git push --all
--snip--
Total 4 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
To ssh://kiwamu-guest@git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/pandoc.git
   4f0319c..650d286  pristine-tar -> pristine-tar
   6ac52ff..b27a86d  upstream -> upstream

> Then, when all changes in all branches of your git are pushed to our
> shared git, I recommend that you change your git to properly track all
> three branches - so that in the future "git status" checks them all and
> only "git push" is needed to push all branches.  You can explicitly do
> some special git commands or manually edit .git/config directly - or you
> can do the easy approach: erase your local git and make a fresh clone
> like this:
>
>  gbp-clone --pristine-tar git.debian.org:/git/collab-maint/pandoc

Sorry, I don't know gbp-clone. #orz
Now I use the copy with below command.

gbp-clone --pristine-tar kiwamu-guest@git.debian.org:/git/collab-maint/pandoc

>> > Please always check if a package you want to work on contains a
>> > README.source.  This one contains one, and one of the things is that
>> > I request that you bump the md5sum when updating upstream source.
>>
>> I can't understand it...
>> Can I write md5sum on the DEB_UPSTREAM_TARBALL_MD5 line by my hand?
>
> Yes.

I changed and pushed it.

> Ideally CDBS would support other types of checksums too, and support
> consulting a separate file potentially containing checksums from
> multiple releases (so that an upstream maintained checksum file could be
> fetched and used as-is).  Suggestions on how to model that (choice of
> filenames etc.) is much appreciated.  I don't expect actual implentation
> to require much effort.

Umm,,, I will try to think about better method.
Is the "support other types of checksums" documented?

>> Umm...? I am confused...
>> Should I keep your debian/rules style? (a)
>> Or challenge to change it to the style include {debhelper,hlibrary}.mk
>> 2 line only? (b)
>>
>> I think (b) is simple and easy to use.
>> But if (b) blocks our collab-maintenance, I choose (a).
>
> You are welcome to touch the rules _file_ but I ask you to not change
> the _style_ within the file without prior discussion.

OK.
I choose your style on pandoc package.

> Regarding your concrete suggestion to minimize the file to only include
> {debhelper,hlibrary}.mk and nothing more, I dislike that: Each of the
> pieces that you then remove cause loss of (to me) nice packaging
> features.
>
> That said, I am interested in discussing further, if you like.  If you
> fail to see the benefit of some of the added parts, then I am happy to
> elaborate on that.  And if you understand what the parts does but feel
> those features are perhaps superfluous then please do elaborate
> yourself. :-)

I can't think many problems, would like to implement better checksum
rules file. :)

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe