Re: Small package or big dependencies?

Hi Joachim.

Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of Seg Ago 02 16:45:27 -0300 2010:
(...)
> Couldn’t Cabal directly provides support for this? It automatically detects
> files like ".y". It could convert a file ending in ".blob" to a haskell file
> containing the data as a raw bytestring, or even convert it directly to a .o
> file with a corresponding FFI wrapper that can be linked into the libraries.
>
> I’m sure there are a few use cases. E.g. icons for executables on windows, or
> binaries which contain the manpage as the documentation source.

This will surely make it harder for the user to deal with these data files,
like editing them, for instance.  This can be a use case for some packages,
even if not for this one.

Will it be possible to use the same file on another program not written in
Haskell?  If it is, is it as easy as reading a data file?

Greetings.
(...)
--
marcot