Re: Small package or big dependencies?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 09:45 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> Il 02/08/2010 22:16, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva ha scritto:
> > If gitit demands the exact version of libhgc6-filestore-data, this would not
> > happen.  Or maybe some versioning constraint that is garanteed to work with the
> > version of filestore that was used to build gitit.  For me, it seems that this
> > is the most general solution, and I'd go with it.
>
> Given that this solution (-data package with strict dependencies) seems
> to be the only one without possible break scenarios, I'll implement
> that. Of course, if better ideas will come up, I'll change the
> implementation.

The dependency of the -dev package on
	libghc6-filestore-data (= ${source:Version})
is not really required, as the files are not needed during package
build. (It does not do much harm, though).

The problem is that such a dependency will have to be added to gitit, so
debian/rules of gitit will have to figure out the correct version, and
install it into the Depends line via a substvars.