Small package or big dependencies?

Hi all.

I'm a bit undecided what to do here: filestore has a little, non
architecture dependent file which is needed at execution (not build)
time by gitit, which I'm packaging. I didn't notice it when I made the
filestore package, so right now the file doesn't get installed. I'm
modifying haskell-filestore in order to install that file in a binary
package.

The problem is _which_ binary package to use: on the first side, I could
add a libghc6-filestore-commons package and put the file in this
package; but this would result in a whole binary package to keep 2 KB of
data. On the other hand, I could just put it in -dev package; but then
gitit would depend on such package (normally it wouldn't, because gitit
is compiled statically). Another option is to copy the file at build
time in the gitit package and patch gitit to get in /usr/share/gitit-...
instead of /usr/share/filestore-...; the drawback is the need of
maintain a patch and recompile gitit each time filestore gets updated.

I think that the cleaner and preferable option is the first (use a
standalone package), but I'd like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy