Re: Small package or big dependencies?

Hi Joachim.

Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of Seg Ago 02 16:06:47 -0300 2010:
(...)
> Lets assume for a moment that filestore changes the interface to the
> hook, i.e. the old filestore will not work with the new hook and the old
> hook will not work with the new filestore.
>
> Variant A: libghc6-filestore-data package.
>  1. gitit links against old filestore
>  2. filestore gets updated
>  3. users installing gitit run old filestore code, but new hook
>  → breakage

If gitit demands the exact version of libhgc6-filestore-data, this would not
happen.  Or maybe some versioning constraint that is garanteed to work with the
version of filestore that was used to build gitit.  For me, it seems that this
is the most general solution, and I'd go with it.

Greetings
(...)
--
marcot