Re: do not delete gnome-1

Sebastien Bacher <seb128@debian.org> writes:

> Le mardi 27 septembre 2005 à 05:21 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
>
>> Gnucash is the single most complex gnome-1 program there is.  Deal
>> with it.  It takes time and work.
>
> Of course you know the code of all the existing GTK apps to say that?
> If you speaking about current GTK1 apps that may be true, most of the
> other apps having been ported to GTK2 for years now.

I've seen the same statement made elsewhere too.  Regardless, if you
think that gnucash is trivial to port to gnome 2, then you would be
welcome to help the porting effort.  They are making lots of progress,
but can always use more help.

Still, it's irrelevant.  If you don't want to maintain gnome-1, you
don't have to.  But you don't get to dictate to other Debian
developers that they are not allowed to maintain it.

Thomas