Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
> 	Or that the respective widget is not there by default?
>
> This is deliberate design choice by upstream, based on their usability
> experts. IMHO, Debian should not revert this.

Oh yeah, "usability experts."  Silly me, they _obviously_ know what I
want more than I do!

> 	Or that you cannot configure it easily via the
> Desktop-Preferences?
>
> This is another design choice by upstream. And a correct one I think.

An idiotic one actually.  But the "usability experts" said it was OK,
so who am I to argue?  Everyone knows that "one size fits all."

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....