Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
> Do you really think you will make ...  the Debian GNOME Team change
> the way upstream GNOME behaves in a major way?

Why not?

Debian already did some dialogue-box futzing, with the GTK open
dialogue.

If it were the case that (1) There was a Gnome `feature' that a large
portion of Debian's user-base didn't like (2) Gnome refused to address
the issue (perhaps because they viewed their user-base as being
something different), (3) a reasonable method existed to make such a
change (I've heard rumors that the new open dialogue is somewhat more
pluggable), and (4) someone did the work, then ... why not?

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge