Re: usb sticks and gnome

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 10:46:52PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 18:43, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 02:31:15PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > > I don't know where you got that idea from. g-v-m handles usb sticks fine.
> >
> > Have you tried on powerpc ? I think i remember now that maybe the diagnostic
> > was some parts of it OOPSing, and thus not working as it should.
>
> If userspace can make the kernel oops, that's a kernel bug rather than a
> userspace one...

Sure, and i will need to fix it. still, it is different than claiming it
works.

> > And does it also make an icon appear on the desktop ?
>
> Yes.

Well, the gnome people at linuxtag where making some noise about it works
provided it is listed in the fstab, and that there was no clear way of getting
the line added in the fstab.

Now, does it work out of the box after a clean install ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther